Chart Toolbar Update
We have moved the chart toolbar so that all options run along the top of the screen just below the account summary information. This toolbar will appear when you are using the chart. When you select one of the drawing tools you will be put into drawing mode where you can select other drawing tools, edit, copy and delete them from the drawing tool icon. Settings and indicators are part of the chart toolbar.
Heikin-Ashi Chart type
The Heikin-Ashi chart looks like the candlestick chart but the method of calculation and plotting of the candles on the Heikin-Ashi chart is different from the candlestick chart.
Heikin-Ashi candles are different and each candle is calculated and plotted using some information from the previous candle:
- Close price: Heikin-Ashi candle is the average of open, close, high and low price.
- Open price: Heikin-Ashi candle is the average of the open and close of the previous candle.
- High price: the high price in a Heikin-Ashi candle is chosen from one of the high, open and close price of which has the highest value.
- Low price: the high price in a Heikin-Ashi candle is chosen from one of the high, open and close price of which has the lowest value.
Heikin-Ashi candles are related to each other because the close and open price of each candle should be calculated using the previous candle close and open price and also the high and low price of each candle is affected by the previous candle. Heikin-Ashi chart is slower than a candlestick chart and its signals are delayed (like when we use moving averages on our chart and trade according to them).
Advanced Fibonacci configuration options
We added the ability to edit your Fibonacci retracement options so that you can have up between one and ten levels showing on the screen at once and you can adjust the percentage levels being shown on the screen. Once these options have been applied you will get these levels appearing whenever you use the Fibonacci retracement drawing tool.
Read the full review: ETX Capital
Latest posts by Phil Evans (see all)
- Week Ahead: Your Quick Glance - March 5, 2018
- Week Ahead: Eurozone Inflation, FOMC Minutes and FTSE Results in Focus - February 19, 2018
- Week Ahead: Focus on Inflation and Retail Sales Data, Brexit Looms - February 11, 2018